If you’d like to do a fundraiser for Bright Spaces with your school, church, family, or other group, we have some ideas below. We are a 501(c)(3) organization, so all donations are tax-exempt. A copy of our 501(c)(3) letter from the Internal Revenue Service is available here.
If you are a Bright Horizons employee looking for FUNdraising information, please visit our page on BrightWeb.
Fundraising Ideas to Do with Children
Providing ways for the children to be involved in raising funds for a special cause (like our Bright Space program) is a great way to help them understand the importance of community service.
• Dance-a-thon, Rock-a-thon, anything-a-thon: Turn your children’s boundless energy into donations for a shelter!
• Art auction: Children love to draw, so why not let budding artists raise money for a Bright Space? Hold an auction of your children’s artwork, selling the one-of-a-kind creations to parents, relatives, and friends who want to decorate their refrigerator and support a Bright Space at the same time.
• Bake sale: Invite your parents, clients, and faculty to show off their baking skills! To raise the stakes – ask some high-profile individuals (CEO or President, radio or TV personalities, local celebrities) to bake a special dessert and auction it off to the highest bidder. Fabulous desserts baked with love by well-known personalities. Who could resist?
• Host a carnival: Host a mini-carnival, with games, prizes and popcorn, in your center, a local park or your own backyard. Charge admission and/or a small fee to play games.
• Spaghetti/pancake/barbecue/etc. dinner: Prepare a meal for students, teachers, or community members and charge a fee.
• Book sale: Ask all your friends, relatives, and teachers to donate their old books. Advertise your book sale by means of posters and flyers. Set up a table and sell books. If there are leftovers, you can always give them to a library, shelter, or school.
• Car wash: With a group of friends, set up a car wash in the parking lot of your school, or public area.
If you do a fundraiser for Bright Spaces, checks or money orders can be sent to:
233 Needham Street, Suite 440
Newton, MA 02464