If you’d like to do a fundraiser for Bright Spaces with your school, church, family, or other group, we have some ideas below. We are a 501(c)(3) organization, so all donations are tax-exempt. A copy of our 501(c)(3) letter from the Internal Revenue Service is available here.
If you are a Bright Horizons employee looking for FUNdraising information, please visit our Campaign page.
Fundraising Ideas to Do with Children
Providing ways for the children to be involved in raising funds for a special cause (like our Bright Space program) is a great way to help them understand the importance of community service.
• Dance-a-thon, Rock-a-thon, anything-a-thon: Turn your children’s boundless energy into donations for a shelter!
• Art auction: Children love to draw, so why not let budding artists raise money for a Bright Space? Hold an auction of your children’s artwork, selling the one-of-a-kind creations to parents, relatives, and friends who want to decorate their refrigerator and support a Bright Space at the same time.
• Bake sale: Invite your parents, clients, and faculty to show off their baking skills! To raise the stakes – ask some high-profile individuals (CEO or President, radio or TV personalities, local celebrities) to bake a special dessert and auction it off to the highest bidder. Fabulous desserts baked with love by well-known personalities. Who could resist?
• Host a carnival: Host a mini-carnival, with games, prizes and popcorn, in your center, a local park or your own backyard. Charge admission and/or a small fee to play games.
• Spaghetti/pancake/barbecue/etc. dinner: Prepare a meal for students, teachers, or community members and charge a fee.
• Book sale: Ask all your friends, relatives, and teachers to donate their old books. Advertise your book sale by means of posters and flyers. Set up a table and sell books. If there are leftovers, you can always give them to a library, shelter, or school.
• Car wash: With a group of friends, set up a car wash in the parking lot of your school, or public area.
If you do a fundraiser for Bright Spaces, checks or money orders can be sent to:
233 Needham Street, Suite 440
Newton, MA 02464